Sheets of Sound introduces Sheets of Sound for Guitar II. Sheets of Sound for Guitar II revolutionizes guitar technique while focusing on a radical new way to approach the instrument.
Sheets of Sound for Guitar Vol II is a natural evolution of Sheets of Sound Vol I. It continues along much of the same harmonic and rhythmic path while putting more emphasis on real world examples and delving into asymetrical, odd-meter groupings and artist studies. The artist studies are inspired by Pat Metheny, George Benson, Frank Gambale, Rusty Cooley, Pat Martino and John Coltrane and are very exciting to learn and perform.
Traditional guitar methods focus on playing the instrument horizontally across the fingerboard. By contrast, Sheets of Sound for Guitar focuses on playing the instrument in a more natural vertical orientation. In doing so, a more straightforward and horn-like voice is attained.
The book is a compendium of melodic and harmonic devices featuring the following:
- Tab and standard notation
- Amazing Chops (works for Fusion, Metal, Jazz, etc)
- Arpeggio Scales
- Sweep Picking to die for
- Studies inspired by George Benson, John Coltrane, Frank Gambale, Pat Martino, Shawn Lane, Mike Brecker, Rusty Cooley, McCoy Tyner, Rudolphe Kreutzer
- Forward Motion Pentatonics
- Long form swept Pentatonics
- 4ths patterns
- Odd Meter meters/rhythms
For more information, visit their web site at www.sheetsofsound.net.