The launch by Orange Amps of the fund-raising ‘Music Aid for Joplin’ is only three days away and is set
to raise thousands of pounds to help and support the Joplin community and in particular Glory Days Music Store destroyed by the tornado. The Auction (lots 1 to 30 only) has been running since July 18th and set to finish on Wednesday 24th August when the final live on-line auction begins at 10.30 am Pacific Daylight Time (USA) or 18.30 British Summer Time.
The auction has raised worldwide interest and the media have been widely supportive including a feature on CNN http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/29/joplin.tornado.music.store/index.html and coverage from much of the music press.
The live auction event will be handled by Fame Bureau, who are one of the world’s leading experts in music equipment and memorabilia. Highlights from the auction lots include a rare Orange Amps Union Jack half-stack, Sabian cymbals personally signed by RUSH’s Neil Peart and an Orange CR50BXT bass amp, signed by RUSH’s Geddy Lee. Since the launch of the auction support has been coming in from a wide range of companies and artists wanting to support this worthy cause and new lots added to the auction now include:
- Mastodon signed Drum head and vinyl – Donated by Mastodon
- Jerry Cantrell Signature Cry Baby Wah Pedal signed by Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains – Donated by Dunlop
- Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah Pedal signed by Slash – Donated by Dunlop
- Taylor Baby Acoustic Guitar signed by country star Trace Adkins – Donated by Taylor Guitars
- Theory Of A Deadman Signed Drum Heads, Drum Sticks, Shirts, and copies of their new album “The Truth Is…”
- David Gravette signed Skateboard, Shoes, and Poster – Donated by C1RCA
- Guitar Picks from Gearpipe.com
- Para-Strap Guitar Strap and Solder-Free Pedal Board Kit – Donated by Lava Cable
- Samsung Series 9 Notebook – Donated by Intel
- Aria PE Elite Electric Guitar with Duncan Designed Pickups – Donated by Aria Distribution
- Seymour Duncan 35th Anniversary Commemorative JB/Jazz Humbucker Set – Donated by Aria Distribution
To assist Orange Amps and its fellow manufacturers to help and support Music Aid for Joplin, please go to Fame Bureau’s website or link via www.orangeamps.com and bid on one of the many items available. There are only three days left to go, so get bidding for these unique items and to help raise funds for this good cause.