Introduces 32-key mini controller, delivering ultimate portable playability.
Advances best-selling M-Audio BX monitor line with new look, improved sound.
Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the availability of the new M-Audio® Keystation Mini 32 ultra-portable keyboard controller, as well as the
M-Audio BX D2 studio monitor series—the next generation of the best-selling BX Deluxe family. These new offerings extend Avid’s commitment to deliver best-in-class quality, performance, and value to mobile musicians, producers, and video editors.
The Keystation Mini 32 is a 32-note, USB bus-powered keyboard controller designed for musicians on the go. Small enough to fit in a backpack, this ultra-portable controller delivers unmatched playability in its class, with features including:
- 32 low-profile mini-keys, enabling musicians to play two-handed parts
- Highly musical velocity curves, allowing keyboard sensitivity customization to individual playing styles
- 4 assignable controls, including a knob, providing real-time control of DAW and virtual instrument functions
- USB bus-powered, plug-and-play connectivity including iPad compatibility (iPad Camera Connection Kit required; check specific apps to verify MIDI support)
The BX D2 series monitors—comprised of the BX8 D2 and BX5 D2 models— flaunt a new look,and improved sound. These models from the best-selling line deliver a listening experience that’s true to the source, helping musicians, producers, and video editors create mixes that translate well across listening systems. Plus they look great. Along with the exceptional accuracy and sonic definition that studio and post-production professionals demand, the BX D2 series features:
- Technology leveraged from high-end M-Audio monitors, providing enhanced acoustic performance, especially in the low-frequency range
- Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters, providing rich, defined bass and smooth, clear highs
- The BX8 D2 features an 8” woofer and 130 watts of distributed power and the BX5 D2 is equipped with a 5” woofer and features 70 watts of distributed power, delivering cohesive, accurate sound
- Optimized rear port, providing extended low-frequency response
“The M-Audio brand is leading the way in the mobile studio revolution,” said Tanguy Leborgne, Avid vice president of consumer products and solutions “Now, the new Keystation Mini 32 pushes the category further than ever before—giving on-the-go musicians a way to create great music and effects through an ultra-playable, ultra-portable design. In addition, the updated BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 monitors extend our best-selling studio monitor legacy, delivering the look and performance musicians and video editors demand.”
Availability and Pricing
Keystation Mini 32 is available from September in EMEA for £54.99 GBP / €63 EUR.
The BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 are available in EMEA now for £215 GBP / €255 EUR and £319 / €379, respectively. To learn more visit m-audio.com or shop.avid.com.